Arkansans can rejoice Countrywide Catfish Month by hoping out unique catfish recipes in the late summertime, Easter H. Tucker, interim spouse and children and buyer sciences software leader for the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff, claimed.
“Catfish are a staple of Southern delicacies and can be cooked in a number of techniques,” she mentioned. “I endorse seeking the USDA MyPlate recipe for catfish stew and rice. Chili and spice seasoning give this seafood stew a punch of flavor. Serve it with brown rice for included entire grains.”
- 2 potatoes (medium)
- 1 can tomatoes, lower up (14.5 oz)
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 cup clam juice (8-oz bottle, or water)
- 1 cup h2o
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 head of cabbage (coarsely chopped)
- 1 pound catfish fillets
- environmentally friendly onion (sliced, as desired)
- 1 1/2 Chili and Spice Seasoning servings (1 1/2 Tablespoons)
- 2 cups rice, white (or brown, cooked)
- Peel potatoes and slash into quarters.
- In significant pot, merge potatoes, tomatoes and their juice, onion, clam juice, drinking water and garlic. Deliver to boil and reduce heat. Cook dinner coated over medium-reduced warmth for 10 minutes.
- Increase cabbage and return to boil. Cut down warmth. Cook dinner included around medium-minimal warmth for 5 minutes, stirring sometimes.
- Meanwhile, slash fillets into 2-inch lengths. Coat with Chili and Spice Seasoning.
- Incorporate fish to veggies. Reduce warmth and simmer included for 5 minutes or till fish flakes very easily with fork.
- Provide in soup bowls. Garnish with sliced inexperienced onion, if wanted. Serve with scoop of incredibly hot cooked rice.
*Reduce the sodium by employing low- or no-additional-sodium canned tomatoes.
Source: USDA MyPlate Kitchen