Host and Celeb Chef Alton Brown of Fantastic Eats and Quarantine Quitchen shares a fresh and tasty recipe for a healthier salad.
• 4 ounces of French bread, sliced into 1-inch cubes (about 3 cups bread cubes)
• 7 tablespoons Wholesome Choice Electricity Dressing Yard French
• 1 1/2 teaspoons safflower or other neutral oil
• 2 (5-ounce) ripe avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced into slim wedges
• 1/2 teaspoon clean lemon juice
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 3 frivolously packed cups butter lettuce, torn into 2- to 3-inch parts
• 3/4 cup (4 ounces) thinly sliced rounds of hearts of palm
• 1/4 cup (1 ounce) finely diced interior celery stalks
• Freshly ground black pepper, to flavor
Heat the oven to 300 degrees.
In a huge bowl, blend the bread with 1 tablespoon dressing and the oil.
Toss, squeezing the bread frivolously, to coat it absolutely with the dressing and oil.
Transfer to a sheet pan and bake, stirring from time to time, until eventually the croutons are lightly browned and crisp, about 30 minutes.
Enable awesome to area temperature. Measure out 1 cup of croutons for the salad and save the remainder for an additional use.
In a medium bowl, toss the avocado slices with the lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
Divide the lettuce in between 4 chilled salad plates and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Best with the seasoned avocado, hearts of palm, and celery.
Drizzle 1 1/2 tablespoons dressing more than every salad, then best with the croutons and a several grinds of black pepper.